Legal Aid Clinics & Women's Rights Centres

Legal Aid Bureaus

legal-aidNa'amat operates 30 Legal Aid Bureaus throughout the country. Approximately 80% of legal inquiries at these facilities focus on issues of a personal nature, such domestic abuse and violence in the home. The other 20% of inquires stem from workplace related concerns, such as sexual harassment, illegal termination during pregnancy and employment discrimination.
Na'amat is also one of the major organizations leading the charge for women's rights in Israel. Each year Na'amat attorneys file 7 to 8 petitions to the Supreme Court (of Israel) in regard to the status of women. They are also responsible for introducing legislative initiatives to the Knesset (The Israeli Parliament) on matters concerning women's rights.

Family Rights Centres

Na’amat’s four Women's Rights Centres provide services for over 10,000 Israeli women in need each year. At each centre, women are helped by lawyers, social workers and counsellors to address the major issues affecting their lives. The centres' professional staff is also prepared to do couples' mediation as a way of solving marital disputes before turning to the courts. Workshops and support groups are also offered as alternatives to one-on-one counselling sessions. Entrepreneurship, vocational and leadership training courses are offered for women with goals of advancing their careers and starting new businesses.

Twomens-rightshe Centres, located in Haifa, Jerusalem, Be'er Sheva, Petah Tikvah and Tel Aviv, assist with different legal matters and provide counselling on various topics, such as:

  • Work-related issues
  • Domestic violence
  • Family relations
  • Single parenthood
  • Special needs families
  • Pre-marital and parental agreements
  • Wills and bequests
  • Mediation